…it doesn’t mean I’m not mulling over in my heart and mind what to post next. It just means life has gotten the best of me, which is a good thing.
A silent blog means:
- I have a life outside of writing about it.
- There are friends I need to call
- There are funerals I must attend
- There are church meetings to help grow my faith
- There are floors to clean
- There is laundry to wash
- There are quiet times to enjoy
- There are grandchildren to play with
- There are vacations to plan
- And walking routes to pursue
- And most of all–a husband to spend time with
I love writing. It isn’t an effort to do so. But I can easily get caught up with my blogging life to the neglect of my highest priorities. And family is high on my list.
Since I last posted on May 21st this is what has happened:
- My youngest daughter turned 27
- We bought and renovated a cabin in Banner Elk, NC. See Barefoot Cabin.
- We had our first family vacation there
- Three dear friends passed from this life to their eternal home
- One friend got married to the love of her life
- Attended the baby shower for my niece who is expecting her third child, first boy.
- Went with my daughter-in-love to her 4D sonogram appt. where I got to see my 6th grandchild’s little face for the first time. He is due in September.
- Had appointments with our attorney to help with my late-mother’s property.
My list could go on and on, and I’m sure you have a similar one. Life is full. Life is good. And everyday stories are being written that would help others know us better if we could but record them somehow. This is my passion. I love hearing stories that teach a lesson. Do you have one you could share? Or maybe a story you want to make sure your children and grandchildren know? I would love to hear it! This is why I began the tab at the top titled, Share Your Story. Won’t you consider taking some time to write it out. Then once it’s published you can share the link with your family and friends who may not have heard it yet. I hope you’ll consider it.
My next post will be such a story inspired by the questionnaire found at the back of my book.
Thanks for stopping by. I’ve missed you.
I always read and enjoy your writing. I also know and realize life keeps us very busy.
Thanks for your continual encouragement, Sharon!
Well, Debi… I’m glad to know that you are normal, and have all your priorities in the right order. Your family and you life is always more important than a blog, so if you need to slow it down at times tha’ts wonderful…enjoy your life 🙂
Carla, thanks for your comment. It helps to know you understand.
Have a great weekend!
So happy to hear God’s blessings are filling your life and I am so sorry for the loss of three friends, but know you are instrumental in so many lives where your spoken words mean much. I enjoy reading your blog and my perspective is always refreshed. Thank you, Debi, for your stories.
You are such an encouragement to me. Thank you! Just so you know…I really miss you guys!
Hey would you mind letting me know which web host you’re working with? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at a fair price? Kudos, I appreciate it! fbcaageadffe